ROSE WATER – THE BENEFITS
“Roses”- the word itself brings a fresh smell and coolness to our thoughts. It is hard to find people who are not touched by the aroma and the beauty of roses anytime in their life. The single flower, in many colors, allows us to express our feelings without a word being spoken.
Rose water has been a part of a beauty regime of men and women. Though it just looks like water and smells like fresh roses, rose water carries a number of health benefits.
Rose water has an old history behind its use. Many years ago, several civilizations used rose water in their spiritual rituals and procedures. Cleopatra used rose oil as an aphrodisiac some 3000 years ago. She used to take bath in rose petals and milk. It is believed that old civilizations such as Babylonia used rose oil and rose water in the medicines and rituals, whereas in India, it was used in the royal cuisines for the royal family. Ancient Rome used rose water for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. They used it to wash hands and have bath. During the middle ages, rose water was used to beat stress and depression. Even today, rose water is used for many purposes in every household. Read on to know the health benefits of rose water.
- To The Skin: Rose water is used in beauty regimes by many men and women. It provides a wide range of benefits to the skin. It is very good in purifying the skin and protects it from bacterial infections. It is also a brilliant skin toner as it tones the skin and helps removing dirt, makeup and oil from the skin. It can also heal sunburn and wounds. It helps to stimulate circulation in the skin and reduces thread veins and broken capillaries. It also helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin, and provides calming effect on acne and eczema.
- To The Hair: Rose water improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth. It can be used as a conditioner as it revitalizes the hair. It helps controlling dandruff and inflammation. It boosts the scalp and health of the hair, and makes them strong and flexible with minimum breakage.To
- The Eyes: Rose water is very effective in soothing tired and fatigued eyes. It is good for those people who spend long hours in front of a computer for work. Applying rose water to the eyes brings a sparkle to the eyes and makes them look stunning and healthy.
- For Teeth: There are number of dental problems that can be cured with the help of rose water. Rose water can provide relief from inflammation and gum problems. It can also strengthen teeth and provide relief against gum pains. If you are suffering with bad odor and foul breath, rose water can help you get rid of it. Use rose water as mouth wash every time you feel you have an odor problem to effectively eliminate it and get a fresh breath.
- For Curing Stress: The fragrance of the roses is a very effective de-stressor and helps to release stress instantly. Rose water and rose oils are used in spas and aroma therapy as they help to fight stress and lift the mood. Rose water and oils are used in soaps, shower gels and aromatic incense sticks to cure people with hypertension and stress. The amazing aroma of roses helps them to keep depression away.
Centers for Healing has the very best patients. Dianne G. has shared a great article on rose water. Please e-mail and share your alternative, natural options for everyone to read. Thanks Dianne!
Centers for Healing
Dr. Blanche D. Grube & Dr. David Villarreal
Holistic Dentistry, Biological Dentistry
1000 Newbury Rd.; Ste. 225
Newbury Park (Thousand Oaks), CA 91320